Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Carry Me Away

It's been a day of good things but filled with an emotional rollercoaster, why, I'm not sure, maybe it has to do with hormones, but somehow I think its a little bigger than that. Tonight I feel so heavy with emotion. I am torn, having to balance how I spend my time, which is running out. How do you equally divide your time between the people you truly love and care about? I feel like I end up hurting someone, whether thats true or not, I don't know. Is this anyones fault? No, no its not, its just the way it has to be, its growing up, its reality.
Now I have to face the harsh reality that this time its not them leaving me, but that I am leaving them. I am the one abandoning them, leaving them to pick up the pieces, answer the hard questions and go it alone.

I'm so tired and I know that right now all I can do is be carried by my Father because I am not strong enough to do this. I'm not strong enought to say goodbye. I'm not strong enough to walk away. I'm just not strong enough...
thankfully I don't have to be.
"And even though I'm walking through the valley of the shadow, I will hold tight to the hand of Him whose love will comfort me and when all hope is gone and I've been wounded in the battle. He is all the strength that I will ever need. He will carry me."
Carry me away Lord Jesus,
Be my strength
Be my guide
Be my Savior
Be You
~standing on His Promise~
CaseyMay

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I had a friend share a quote with me recently that helped me. It was something like 'the world is round. What may seem like the end is only the beginning.' It is hard when you're going through changes, but you don't have to say 'good-bye', just 'see ya later'.

Have a great day!

BTW, I ♥ that song!

= )

Stephanie said...

Two things: God is big enough to hold and care for you, and second I'll be praying for you both.

retrobellewife said...

I am going through much of this right now as well. Trying to make my own life and at the same time not lose the closeness I have with my family. At times I feel as though I am being pulled in two different directions. Thankfully, I know I can not lose this love I have been given, but the thought does enter my mind at times. Daddy assured me the other day how I need to grow and except the changes that are and will come. He said I will always have them, but I need to have my life too. It's sad, but I know it is true. I don't have to let go. I just have to keep growing.

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

My heart hurts for you, honey! It has been 19 yrs since I left my parents house to be a wife to Sean and live in Germany! Like you, I had not left home (I was 20) but had been married for almost 5 months by that time!
What I remember the most is getting on the plane and knowing that I was leaving my family behind yet Sean was waiting across the pond to greet me! Don't know if I would have ever done it if it hadn't been for him!!! Oh, but I digress!
It took me a full 10 years to finally stop calling my parents house 'home'. Now that Carolina is older, I wonder how I am going to deal with her leaving!!!
It is a bittersweet time but God has His hand upon you and has such an awesome plan for you!!! There will be hurts but the joy will always be around the corner and more than you ever expect!!!

Take a deep breath, call on God and lean into Him!!! He loves you more than you know and will always have his hand upon you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what your post means, but I know you are doing the right thing by holding onto our Lord.