Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Blessing In The Midst Of A Defeated Spirit

Today has been an off day. I woke up this morning in a somewhat cross mood mainly because I got my monthy surprise. But as I got ready for my day I just found it really hard to rise above my defeated mood, I wasn't throwing myself a pity party but I was certainly being an Eeyore, I felt like I had a rain cloud above my head that I couldn't shake. So I went on a walk after getting some encouragement from my best freind. That seemed to help, it was absolutely gorgeous outside (80's!). After walking I went about my day, did some running around some shopping, which helped a little but again I found myself fighting that rain cloud when I was not busy. After I got home from work I felt very unmotivated and just gave into it. Wouldn't you know that God had a big blessing in store for me tonight!
I received a call from the Honor Academy!!!!! Talk about a lifted spirit! I was imediatley filled with joy, anticipation and anxiety. We had an interview over the phone and for being put on the spot I did good though I give that credit to God because I prayed for the words! My last two references should be in by tomorrow and it sounded very promising. One question they asked was about my desire to attend the Honor Academy, on a scale from one to ten. One being no way you're crazy and ten being its all I can think about. I said ten and if they has 11 as a choice I would have picked it! I'm that stoked. They will call me again within 5-10 business days and let me know my status. This has really witnessed to my parents, especially my dad, who was very skeptical about this being the rigt thing for me. I am so excited to wait 2 weeks, and I know that sounds crazy but atleast I KNOW when to expect it!

I'm amazed you guys that God would choose tonight after I had a total bad attitude and defeated spirit! Maybe some of it was an attack of the Enemy but I had my part too. God is so good you guys, He totally blessed me and I in no way, shape or form deserved it! Just had to tell you!

Thank you for all your prayers and love and words! *HUGS*

~Standing on His Promise~

CaseyMay

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cool. That may seem like a really simple comment but I am excited for you. I'm in a tired, reflective mood and I'm really out of it right now. But God is good, praise him for what's happened today.

Dragonflysoul said...

YAY! first, i'm glad that God lifted your spirits in such a way. He's so faithful to do that just when we need it most.

and i'm also so glad you heard back from them! that's such good news and praise be to God for helping you in that on-the-spot interview - those can be scary!! i will be praying for you in the coming days as you anxiously wait to hear back :-)

Tracy said...

Isn't it cool how God lifts us up even in the midst of our 'rain clouds'? Keep us posted on the Honor Academy.

Also, enjoy the 80s. It's in the 50s here in Michigan today. = )

retrobellewife said...

Wow! That is great. I am so excited for you. I know those days. I have been having them alot lately, yet God never stops supplying me with love and always gives me another reason to be cheerful.
I am so happy you have received such good news. I hope the two weeks fly by.