Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Best Is Yet To Come

Here I am, almost 20 years old and I feel like this is just the beginning of my life. God is doing such great things in my life and also in the life of my best friend. As we walked yesterday we were able to talk about how life was treating us and what we we learning. We were able to laugh at things while we walked:


And we were also able to talk about what has really been kicking our butts. It so refreshing to have a best friend that understands where you are and who you are. There have been so many times that we just looked at each other and knew what was going on and it wasn't all serious either.

We are both getting ready to start new things, she's going away to college and I'm (hopefully) going to Minnesota. We are discovering God's calling on our lives and yet there will be a day, a bitter-sweet day, when we will have to say goodbye. How I hate goodbyes. No more spontaneous walks and talks, no 'I'm only a minute away' reassurances. But hours and hundreds of miles between us. I will cry tears of sadness but I will also cry tears of joy, because my best friend is discovering who she is in Christ and He has placed her in a church where she can give herself to others and go out to share the Good News. I will rejoice in this departure for we are going with God and we leave with the reassurance that we will never be replaced and the hope for the visits home. So it won't really be goodbye, but merely 'I will see you later.'

We still have time together and I will cherish everyday of the next 3 months but we know all too well that time goes by way to fast.

The best is yet to come...

~standing on His Promise~

CaseyMay

5 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Goodbyes can be really hard but for you guys it's not the kind of goodbye that's forever. Maybe it'll just be for year. And hopefully the distance won't impact your friendship too much. And another thing I know is that you guys are so blessed to have each other. Because I'm sitting here and I don't have a best friend to call up and go for a walk with. I don't have a relationship like that in my life yet.

As always, I'm praying. Love you.

Stephanie said...

You can tell me all you know about praying with Scripture, I'm listening. I know that it's powerful I just don't know that much about it. One thing I'd also like to start doing is memorizing more stuff. Thanks for praying!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for those verses. And I think you meant Jeremiah 29:11 (not 49) :). I'm definitely going to practise praying like that!

SamanthaMarie said...

I love your face on and off... kind of like a light switch ;)
I'd say more, but then I'd cry, and well I just don't want to go there today :P