Monday, May 12, 2008

Wishes & Dreams

I’m watching you from a scenic

view taking in your every move

Who you tried so hard to be full of

Wishes and dreams

That did not come true for you

I can read you like a book

Sad stories everywhere I look

Faded pictures remind you when

What could have been

Did not come true for you

[chorus]

I’ll be the one who makes you laugh

Make up for the memories

That made you sad

Me and you together forever

We could be someday

You will find me in all your

Wishes and dreams

Is it so hard to believe what

Your eyes cannot see

Your dream come true

A love to fall into

I’m waiting to show you

-Stellar Kart "Wishes and Dreams"
This is my love song from Jesus. For so long I had my own dreams and wishes and they didn't include God and His dreams and wishes for my life. I tried for a long time to be someone I wasn't and desiring someone else to come into my life (usually a boy) and make me happy. Wishing for happily ever after while kissing toads.
God desires to be the center of our dreams. And when I look back at my wishing and dreaming, I see that what I really needed was Jesus.
I am now putting Christ in the center of my dreams and they are coming true in His timing and so perfectly, better than I could have ever imagined!
I know God's calling on my life is to be a missionary (and marry one :D ) and now He is sending me on a mission trip to Mexico and probably sending me to the Honor Academy in Minnesota in the fall. My dreams have become His dreams, I have His heart cries and He has my heart.
Some of you may be wondering why my blog is entitled "His beautiful promises". Well four/five years ago God promised to send me on a mission trip, when it didn't happen that summer, I gave up on it, but God did not. And in the last 5 months God has delivered on so many promises! Promises of a best freind, promises of blessing, promises of answered prayer and promises of provision.
I am standing on His promises everyday, trusting that He will deliver in His perfect timing. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us and to always provide for ouro need and to give us strength and rest, eternal life and so much more.
What promise are you standing on?
~standing on His Promise~
CaseyMay

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You're right where you need to be aslong as Christ is in the center of your life! Missions trips will change your life for sure. I went on a trip to Malawi with my church this past summer and it was really awesome, especially the things that have come of it since then.

Your reasoning for your title is cool. (I didn't realize how lame and unoriginal my title was when I made it... I called it myblogs, who does that?)

ggirl

retrobellewife said...

Hi CasieMay!
I just found you off of Samantha's blog. Your blog looks really nice. I started mine at the beginning of the year and have since changed it alot. It wasn't nearly as nice as yours when I started it. All your colors are beautiful together.
I love your posts. I have been a born-again Christian since I was ten. It is sad how sometimes we seem to wander from Him. Especially when I know I so willingly chose to accept Him that day. Thankfully, though, He loves me enough to stay with me always, and when the time comes, He always pulls me back. I feel as though I have just taken a long break, not something I'd like to admit, but it is the truth. Within the last year so much has happened and I was chasing after those dreams of mine. Thankfully, with lots of love and patience from my family and our Father, I have been steadily finding my way back to Him. Just as you said about marrying a boy and "kissing toads" (cute by the way:) I've realized I have to be patient and wait for the only boy I am suppose to be with. The one that will come when He says. Until then, I am still finding out who God wants me to be and all that He has given me.
I'll have to come back soon and please feel free to visit mine!
-Paige

SamanthaMarie said...

Those are beautiful lyrics my dear friend. I love that Jesus speaks to you through song and He speaks to me through books, it suits our hearts so well. He is a God that knows us better than we know ourselves. Which is why it is always SO much better to give (ALL) control to Him.
I'm so proud that you have learned to rely on the promises He has given you. You have grown so much and I know He is preparing you for BIG, HARD things in the mission field. And with His strength you will accomplish great work for our Father.
I love you my dear sister/bestie!!!