Friday, May 16, 2008

My Name Is Casey And I Have A Problem....

Ok so this is me being really real with y'all.

My name is Casey and I have a problem...with emotional eating.

I'm sure right now some of you are nodding your heads and saying yep thats me too. And yes I think its common however mine is slightly different (or atleast it seems different to me). I have noticed that in the past 2 weeks I have eaten out more than I have in the last 2-3 months. And it doesn't stop there, I am snacking, munching and crunching throughout the day. Here is what promted my blog.

I got into an arguement with my sister, for the second time today. So what do I do? I go to the freezer and pull out the Peanut Butter Chocolate icecream. Nevermind the fact that I ate out today and had icecream, or that I haven't been exercising regularly and am now on track to gain back the weight I've lost. So I was sitting there eating my icecream, when I began to think about why I was eating it and then thought about posting a blog about all this. I realized that I was eating to comfort myself and at the same time "punish" myself for acting in such a disgraceful manner. So its self-defeating really. So I put my icecream back in the freezer, said a little prayer and came here.

I need to go to God with this and spend some time resting and maybe even crying, in His arms. I can't do this to myself anymore, I'm tired of feeling this way, I want to run to my Savior not to my freezer.

Thanks for listening. I appreciate you all so very much.

~standing on His Promise~

CaseyMay

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well it's good that you've noticed it. Now if you catch yourself doing it again you can try and put it down. Or call Sam and be like "I'm eating again! What should I do?"

For me, I don't really know what I do. I'll probably do art, but it's actually probably more likely that I'll go on the Internet or come on bloggers.

SamanthaMarie said...

:( I'll be praying for you.

Stephanie said...

I'll be praying too!

Dragonflysoul said...

i'm praying for you too sweetheart :-)

boy do i understand...
i'm so glad to know that you are trying to make it a point to run to Jesus when you need comfort instead of food. as simple as it may sound, just the fact that you recognize and know that Jesus is your true solace is a HUGE thing. i know it's so hard because for some strange reason, even though Jesus has proven time and time again to be the greatest comforter imaginable, it still seems way easier to turn to other sources (i.e. food) before or instead of turning to Him. so i'm so proud of you for making it up on your mind that Jesus is your refuge. i'm thinking of you, praying for you, and rubbing your back from a distance :-)