Saturday, May 24, 2008

Blessed

Today, I feel extremely blessed. Why?? Because I got to GIVE! I got to give my talents, time and treasures to my best friend and her family. I got her a plaque (clear crystal) that has a poem about best friends on it, her love language is gifts so I knew it would mean a lot to her (mine is words of affirmation so it worked for me too). I got the chance to just be with her sitting/laying/walking, just being. No words necessary, we knew what each other needed and embraced the opportunities to laugh at ourselves. Like the idea of cutting ourselves in half so each of us could have part of the other to take with us.

What blessed me the most though, was being able to pray over her and anoint her. I felt the spirit of God in the room. I loved giving her up to God.
~standing on His Promise~
Casey

2 comments:

SamanthaMarie said...

I had an amazingly blessed time today with you my dear. It means so much to me when you give me gifts (which sounds... bad, but you know that I really love them more for the thought behind them than what they actually are.) And I also felt the spirit of God in my room. It was fantastic and just a good, relaxing, fun, blessed day. I feel so much more refreshed now, with a new and improved attitude. I'm ready once more to take on the world, and be in but not of it. And I'm okay with that :)

God really used you today to work in my life and on my heart, and I thank both of you for that. It was the spiritual refreshment that I needed.

I love you so much. Thank you for giving your time, money, and heart today. You are a beautiful woman and I'm honored to call you my best friend.

I LOVE YOU!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for being a good friend for Sam. That's awesome and it's encouraging and means a lot to me... which is weird because I've never met wither of you. Keep having good days!

Steph