Thursday, June 19, 2008

PART 2--Bearing My Cross


While sitting in the grass having my quiet time, staring at the HUGE trees and ever expansive mountians and valleys, I felt so small. I began to think of where God was leading me and what He was calling me to. I began to feel the weight of it all.
Missionary...that calling to me is HUGE so huge in fact that I was brought to tears. I can't understand WHY God would choose me to do this. It's not that I'm not excited or anything, its just so much bigger than I can handle...but God reassured me, like He always does. Reminding me that I can NOT handle this ALONE, if I try and do this on my own I will fail, but with Him and by His strength I can do this.
He doesn't give me more than I can handle with and through Him. And that is so refreshing that I can lay even the calling that He has placed on me, at His feet. Free to lay every part of me down, to actually let go completely. And rely 100% on Him.

3 comments:

Lady in Waiting said...

It is huge...the things God calls us to do often are. I understand though about looking at the extreme calling you have in front of you and wondering if this really is it...questioning that maybe you read it wrong because this is just a bit more than what you signed up for. But really, I know that God has already prepared you, even though at times you may not feel like it. One thing I have learned is that much of the stuff we go through early on is preparation for what we will do later on. God knows what He is doing, He knows where you are going and why he has put you there. I know that with his help you will do great things in the lives of others!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful!! What a blessing you will be to so many people. And you are right, you would not be able to do it alone...it's all for HIM!
Blessings and prayers to you, dear!

Dragonflysoul said...

this was wonderful to read. i can't add or say anything more about it :-)

you are blessed and you are a blessing :-)