Thursday, June 12, 2008

Child-likeness

I am filled with childlike joy. For many different reasons.
I just finished watching Kung Fu Panda for the 2nd time. I LOVE THAT MOVIE. In fact, I laughed harder the second time. I went with my mentoree and she wanted to know what had gotten into me. So as I drove home I thought about that.

I am so content right now, I have few worries or stresses (with the exception of work, but thats a different story). I feel like a kid after Christmas. I have been SO blessed. This past year has changed my life in a radical way. God has been so faithful to His promises (there are so many!). I have a great (I mean GREAT) family, I have my best friend for LIFE, I have a job I love (for the most part), I have a great church family, I have you, I am going on a mission trip, I am going to the Honor Academy, I have made an IMPACT on people, I have learned patience, and to trust in God. Oh my word, how can I not rejoice??!!

This journey has been so awesome. I would like to give you a brief look at it :)

January 2008
---------I made a commitment to God to put Him first and do things His way and He promised that if I did that, this would be the best year of my life.


--------I confided in Samantha that I felt God leading me towards missions and I thought I was crazy, but we began to pray about it together, as well as the opportunity for me to go on a mission


--------I attended a concert featuring Pocket Full of Rocks, and was brought to my knees by God, it was there with arms stretched out, through my tears, I realized that I had to surrender everything, which seemed so small in comparison to what God has done for me, yet it was so huge, but so worth it.


-------My youth pastor approached me and told me God told him to ask me to come with them to Mexico in July. I tell my family and then ask God to affirm this to me financially.

February
---I begin sending out my support letters for my mission trip

March
-------God provides the last of the $1400 needed for my mission trip.

April
----I begin to invest and pray for my core group of 7th grade girls and see the fruits.

----Aquire the Fire. I see my girls bond and support eachother. I'm not needed and I had never been more proud. After we got back the girls grew so much in the Lord.

------God asks me to search my heart in my education, I do, and find that I'm not where God wants me. I begin to search and pray for another school.

May

-----I apply to the Honor Academy in Minnesota.

you're pretty much caught up and I left out a lot. But there was many times throughout this journey that I doubted. I doubted God's voice, and often wondered if I was doing the right thing. Turns out, I was following God's plan all along.

I am a child of God. And He is my Provider, my Rock, my Savior, my God, my Father, my I Am.

I am because He is.

I am nothing
made something only through Him
~standing on His Promise~
CaseyMay


3 comments:

SamanthaMarie said...

I really love this post :) I really love that for all you re-capped I was honored enough to hear about first-hand as soon as it happened :) I love our friendship!!
I love you!!
I love your layout!
I love camping!
I love our matching swimsuits!
I love that tomorrow is Saturday which means only one more day to go and we get to go camping and wear our matching swimsuits!
I love texting you while being on blogger!
I love GOD and JESUS and the HOLY SPIRIT and all that they do for us every breath of our life!! :D

Stephanie said...

Cool recap! A lot of it I knew from your older posts but then I didn't know other stuff too. You definitely had jampacked January!

Now I want to see that movie. And what is there not to praise God for? Nothing really, but it's really cool when we're given things that are really eviendently blessings!

Dragonflysoul said...

i love a good, hearty, child-like laugh fest!!! you're never ever too old for that. :-)

thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. it really inspires me to see how God moves in your life. you are a phenomenal young woman whom God is using to do awesome things. i can't wait to hear more about what is to come in the next several months.

your commitment to Him inspires me to seek Him that much more.

and you and Sami are the cutest little ladybugs ever! :-)