Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lessons Learned the Hard Way

The lesson of the week: rest is important and busyness is a sin, if it pulls you away from the Lord.


I went to the doctor this morning because I woke up with a fever of 101, I was sick the week before with a sinus infection. Found out that I could be developing walking pneumonia, so they put me on a different antibiotic, and some other medicine, told me to go home and sleep. I slept for almost 6 hours straight. Thankfully this isn't hindering me from going to San Fransisco with my college ministry leadership team for a missions conference, considering we leave tomorrow morning.


However, I have no one to blame but myself for getting so sick. I have been so busy, every part of my life was suffering. It is so important that I take care of myself, and that I prioritize my time. As much as I don't like school, I have to devote time and energy to that, as well as finding time for me to rest and enjoy life, and enjoy my time with the Lord.


Life has been so different this semester, in many fabulous ways. I have built new friendships, gotten more involved in campus ministry, and grown a lot. But I must learn how to have stronger boundaries in where and how I spend my time, I don't want to neglect my school work, or ministry, or my own health. I want to be found faithful, and I want to be a woman who is found choosing the right thing, like Mary, instead of being caught up in the busyness of Martha.


~Set Apart~
CaseyMay

No comments: