Monday, February 14, 2011

God is faithful.


Last year, before I transitioned from ministry to 'real life' the Lord told me I was in for a season of adventure, which has been very true, and yet He continues to surprise me. I have the opportunity to travel to San Fransisco for a missions conference for virtually free (real cheap). I have never been there before, but I have always wanted to go. And I am going with some great friends. We leave early Friday morning and I have childlike excitement every time I talk about it. :)


Today is Valentine's Day. I am pretty indifferent to this holiday, which is an improvement considering I used to loathe it with a fiery passion. I am single, this holiday will be more fun (maybe?) when I am in a committed romantic relationship. I admit, there are days or moments, when the desire I have to be loved and cherished by 'the man of my dreams' seems so strong and painful, as a woman I was created to experience that. This is the season of faith and 'tension'.


I am not 'looking' for a husband, but rather I am waiting on God to direct our paths and make His will clear to 'us'. I have hope, and I am reminded that the whole reason God created man and woman to be united in marriage is to mirror our personal intimate relationship with Christ. I am putting Christ above all else, so that I may never forsake my first love. Christ is the center. Always. He is the defender and the keeper of my heart, and no man will ever compare to the love Christ has for me.


He is the only one that never fails.
He'll never break my heart.
He will never leave me.
He will always pursue me.
He has won my heart.
He is my Beloved.
And I am His.


~Set Apart~
CaseyMay

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Amen, sister!! Happy Valentine's Day!

Blessings,
Rachel