Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Enough

I wear this ring, on my ring finger. It's a wedding band. 
Although I received this ring as a symbol of my participation at Teen Mania's internship, it means much more than that.

The Hebrew symbols translate to, "I am my Beloved's and He is mine". I find it easy to put this ring on daily, forgetting the significant message inscribed on it. As a single woman it can be difficult to surrender my God given desire for a husband. 

Recently I find myself looking at my ring in the difficult times of waiting, and on some days it almost moves me to tears. The Lord is my Beloved, and I am His. His love is perfect and His love is enough. It will be enough on the days that being single, and waiting is painful, when all I want is to be loved, desired and held. It will be enough when I take grand and wonderful adventures with the Lord, to do things I never imagined. It will be enough as I go through the courtship, engagement, and marriage seasons. It will be enough on my darkest hours, and my brightest moments. It will be enough when I have more questions than answers. It will be enough when I watch miracles happen. It will be enough when my heart yearns. It will be enough when my plans fall apart. It will be enough. Always.

Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good;
         Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
    4Delight yourself in the LORD;
         And He will give you the desires of your heart.
    5Commit your way to the LORD,
         Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
~Set Apart~
CaseyMay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you, CaseyMae! I love your attitude that even though you are in pain, your faith is not wavering from our Lord. He truly does know best. I hope you know that you are not alone in your suffering and He will make beauty from ashes.
I was divorced after 8 years of marriage. We had 3 children, and I never thought that I would ever marry again. And I was fine with that. I began to actually enjoy being alone. It certainly took getting used to and there most definitely were lonely times. But after I embraced my situation, I was quite happy, just living for the Lord and waiting on Him always. I never thought I'd be married again, but He had His plans and of course, I just had to follow Him :) After being used to being single, being married has been quite a struggle. I was no longer alone in all my decisions. We still have a hard time, when I'm so independent and my hubby wants me to rely on him more. But God is helping me to adjust, to work on all of it.
So you see, there are always going to be seasons of struggle no matter which side of marriage you are currently on. I'm so glad you take comfort in our Lord and Savior. Continue to rest in His shelter and He will comfort you.
Your blogging buddy,
Rose