Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fear and Faith

Do you ever find yourself asking God the same question(s) over and over again? 
I do. All. The. Time.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer, and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-8
Through out the Bible, God tells us to ask Him, (Matthew 7:8, Luke 11:7-9). Now, just because we ask doesn't mean that we will get an answer immediately or that we'll get the answer we want. We have to ask in accordance with God's will for it to be granted to us.


I often say that I am a 'recovering control freak'. This is true, I like to know where I am going, what I am doing, etc. Over the past few years I have been learning and experiencing what it means to be yielded to the Lord and to trust Him. This current season is far more intense than any before. There have been some new things happening in my life that are in a way 'forcing' me to be vulnerable, and open to things that I don't know the outcome. I am afraid of being disappointed, or hurt, or whatever. So as I have been on this journey the last month or so, I am seeking the Lord's will constantly. With only one answer.


WAIT.

As I was reading this morning the Lord gave me two verses. 
"Consider is all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have it's perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete not lacking anything"-James 1:2-4
Faith. My 'big sister' Christi has been calling me Casey-Faith for years. Faith is hard for me, it requires me to trust, to take steps towards the unknown. Scripture tells us that:
"...faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen"-Hebrews 11:1
I am in a Hebrews 11:1 season. I know that the Lord has placed dreams and desires in my heart for a reason, though I do not see how He wants them to come to fruition I know they will in His timing. I am striving daily to be open handed with these desire, trusting that the Lord will have His way. I know that someday I will be blessed enough to be called 'wife' and 'mother'. I know that some how I will be a mother to the motherless, even if that means not living overseas, maybe it's here in the US. I know that my spiritual gifts will be used by the Lord. 


I know that right now, today, is all I a promised. That God wants me to seek His face. That I can do ministry everyday. That if I seek His Kingdom first, everything else will fall into place. I just have to wait, and trust Him, having faith in what I do not see, and do not understand.


~Set Apart~
CaseyMay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Considering that this is so much of what I have been dealing with lately this really spoke to me!

Rachel said...

Same here! Wow! This is what the Lord has been showing me lately as well--instead of fear, to have faith. :)

Thank you so much for this post!
Blessings and love,
Rachel