Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Freedom

Today has been one of my better days, which is ironic considering I am sick. Oh well, anyway...


I had this great revelation today about freedom. Those of you who read my last post, may recall my comment about being a recovering control freak, this revelation very relevant to that. I was reading Colossians chapter 1, which is just a beautiful depiction of the gospel in verses15-23. When we become followers of Christ we are seen by God as holy, righteous and blameless, through the death and resurrection of Christ. We must be sure to stay firm in our faith and not stray away from the hope of the gospel. This got me thinking, most days I am so preoccupied with the fact that I don't have my life figured out that I stray away from the hope of the gospel-the very thing I NEED the most!


I am 22 years old, and I am in a season of tension between my desires and God's timing for them to come to fruition. Psalm 37: 3-5 says this:
"Trust in the Lord and do good. Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, and trust also in Him and He will do it."


That is the tension, cultivating faithfulness while waiting and trusting that the Lord will give me the desires of my heart. Instead of being focused on the tension, the most beautiful and honoring thing to the Lord is that I just keep letting go and trusting Him, and keep my eyes focused on Him. When I realized this I also heard this song (see below) that seems to fit by season of life very well at the moment. Take a minute and read the lyrics or listen to the song by clicking on the title.

Audrey Assad-Everything is Yours (click to watch video)
When all the world is blossoming 
When everything around is bursting into life 
And I don't have to strain to hear the beat of Your heart 

When all the world is under fire 
and the skies are threatening to thunder and rain 
And I am overcome by fears that I can't see  

If everything is Yours 
Everything is Yours 
If everything is Yours 
I'm letting it go 
No it was never mine to hold 

Who could command the stars to sing 
Or hold the raging seas from breaking through the doors 
Until the fragile roses wear the very same hand 
Oh, Oh 

If everything is Yours 
Everything is Yours 
If everything is Yours 
I'm letting it go 
I am, I'm letting it go 
Letting go, I'm letting it go 


I hope that this is an encouragement to you, where ever you find yourself. The Lord is faithful, don't let the enemy steal your joy or peace, keep your eyes focused on Him. He has everything under control.
~Set Apart~
CaseyMay

No comments: