Monday, January 31, 2011

Taking a look back

I am feeling rather nostalgic tonight, for no particular reason. Well, I guess that isn't true, there IS a reason. I have been thinking for the last few days about how much the Lord has transformed me in the last 3 years. Let me explain.


3 years ago, around this time of year, I finally answered God's call to surrender all control to him, at the time, that was my plan for my life. I had dreams, big dreams. And I had it all planned out. I was ready to accomplish my goals. And then God put those dreams on hold. There was a song out at the time, by Pocket Full of Rocks, and it was called Song to the King, a line in the song struck a chord with my heart one night. 
"I stand in awe of Your majesty, I may not have much, but I give everything. This is my song, song to my King"
The previous 4 months of my life had been a wreck, I knew the Lord, but I couldn't let go of my plans. It was at this moment, that I realized Christ had given me everything, and all I could give Him, was everything and it still wouldn't be enough. I knew had to surrender, everything, especially my plans and desires.


And then God rocked my world. If you look back through this blog, you can see parts of the journey, the great parts, and the ugly parts. Through it all, the Lord has taken what used to be, a lost, broken, confused, insecure girl and transformed her into a beautiful, confident, woman who knows the Lord intimately. This is so beautiful to me. If only you would have known me three years ago, for those of you who have me on facebook, take a look at my first pictures. I will admit looking at them now makes me wince a bit. I was still in my 10 year 'ugly duckling' phase. Seriously. I am secure enough to admit it. As you look through the pictures you will see the physical transformation, and hopefully a bit of the spiritual transformation too. 

 3 years ago                                                                                                            tonight

Now sitting here, in my apartment, three years later, I look at myself and smile. The Lord has done a miracle in my life, I am not who I was. And now I believe and I can say with confidence of Christ, that He has made me, a beautiful woman, and He has won my heart.


So in this season of many unknowns, and lots of waiting, I look back and praise God for His faithfulness. Holding tightly to the beautiful promise that He is the same yesterday, today and forever.


~Set Apart for Him~
CaseyMay



2 comments:

MagpiesUSA said...

ohhhhhhhhhh Casey. i LOVE this. can i can take credit for some of it? please!

this is a beautiful post. you have changed so much since i met you...over 2 years ago!!!

ams said...

God is good...and you're so beautiful! Never forget or doubt that! :)