Friday, January 28, 2011

What do you do when you are waiting?

Waiting. I find that God has asked me to wait for a lot in my life. Yet, at this season, it is different. I am still waiting, however it looks different. Let me see if I can explain :)

I am at the place in my life where I have a ton of questions, and no answers. That's not all together new. What is new, is that in this season I have such peace from the Lord. There is nothing I can really 'do' to get the answers to my questions, because it is my belief that the Lord doesn't want me to know, at least not yet. I have found that this waiting period pushes me to do one thing, be on my knees, surrendered to the Lord. I can not figure this out. All I can do is to be yielded to the Lord.

I think about how I am the Bride of Christ, and put that into a tangible lesson. Someday, when I get married, I will need to trust that my husband knows what he is doing, that he hears from the Lord, and that he will take care of me. My relationship with Christ functions in the same way, only the Lord will never fail me. I  must trust the Lord, He is guiding me, and I don't need to know where I am going. He is taking me on an adventure, full of mysteries and surprises. And out of my relationship with Christ, my love, my affection for Him, my trust in Him, I follow--yielded to Him. Letting Him lead me.

I don't know where He is taking me, all I know is that it is somewhere great, and this adventure pulls me closer to Him. I think He has a few surprises in store for me, and that  gets my heart excited.

~Set Apart~
CaseyMay

No comments: