Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Heartache

Over the last 21+ years, I have dealt with heartache, and will continue to until the day I die.


There is nothing that can numb the pain of loss, the deep hurt, the weight of guilt, the burden of 'what if?', the emptiness, the hopelessness, the desperation that heartache brings. Drugs, food, alcohol, sex, relationships, pain, pleasure, money, work, they may numb the pain, or push it way, bury it a little deeper, but that ache, it is still there.


The cross.
The pain from the beatings,
the crown of thorns,
the lashes.
The burden of the cross.
The nails driven, one by one.
The cross.
Perfect love, 
Son of God,
broken.


In brokenness we are made whole.


I find myself, time and time again,
on my knees, at the foot of the cross.
Broken, hurting, empty.
There, in the arms of Love,
I am healed, by His stripes.
I mended, I am filled.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Beautifully written...and so true. :)