Sunday, July 4, 2010

A look at the past

I found some of my old journals a few days ago. One was from fall of 2005-spring of 2006, the other fall of 2007-spring of 2008. The latter one was the most eye opening. Here I sit two years later, a completely different woman.

So much has happened over the last two years, I can honestly say I didn't have a clue. But one thing that I love about keeping a journal is that I can look back at what God was showing me and teaching me, and see how it has worked on in my life now.

One of my journal entries from the spring of 2008 talked about an idea the Lord had given me, I told my best friend that I could see myself teaching African children, aside from that I didn't think too much of it. Who knew that a year later, God would reveal to me a dream much bigger than I imagined, a calling to start an orphanage, to be a mother to the motherless, to finish my teaching degree, and someday travel to Africa. I had forgotten all about that journal entry years earlier, God was preparing me even then.

"He who started a good work in you is faithful to complete it" Philippians 1:6

~Standing on His Promises~
CaseyMay

No comments: