Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Therefore, behold, I will allure her...

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, bring her into the wilderness and speak kindly to her." Hosea 2:14

This is my season. I am in a desert, a wilderness, full of time to be alone, just me and God. Don't get me wrong, these times have been so sweet. I am deeply relational, so to not have very many, if any, deep friendships in my life is very painful.

I love and hate this season. I love spending time with the Lord, but I hate the pain of refinement. I was cautioned that this was going to happen by a dear friend of mine, and she was right.

Today the pain was real. I am not in Texas anymore. I don't know when I will see some of my closest friends again, my wedding probably, in another 3-10 years. Our friendship now looks very different. We are thousands of miles apart. Facebook, Twitter, text messages, and the occasional phone call. Ouch. 

The Lord is doing exactly what I asked Him to do, "Draw me closer to You, bind our hearts together." A very dangerous prayer, worth it in the end though.

So here in the desert Lord I will wait upon You.
Come and have Your way in me.
Refine me. Mold me. Shape me.
Into more of Your likeness.
I am safe in Your arms,
I am safe here, in the unknown,
in the darkness.
Your love covers me.
You are enough.

~Standing on His Promises~
CaseyMay

No comments: