Thursday, July 8, 2010

Letting go...again

Have you ever had situations or relationships that you have had to let go of, only to have to let go of them again?


Yep, that is pretty much where I am at. Letting go again. It's a glad surrender but also a painful sacrifice. I know I have done this 100 times, and it just keeps surfacing weeks, months, later. Like a test. The enemy wants me to hold on, to go back to my old ways, to put myself back into the chains that Christ had freed me from.


The chains of manipulation, self-hatred, emotional dependency, people pleasing, and so many others.


Oh the enemy is sly.


He promises you happiness, fulfillment, your deepest desires satisfied.
Offering you an all expense paid trip to Disney Land, your dream come true.
But you find yourself in a brothel,
the lowest you have ever been.


Thankfully we have a Savior, that fights on our behalf, 
He paid the price of our freedom.
He broke the chains once and for all.
We are captives set free.


Though this freedom in some ways seems harder than captivity,
it is always worth it.


~Standing on His Promises~
CaseyMay

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I can totally relate, Casey!