Thursday, December 31, 2009

Home and 2009

Being home was rough at first, its always hard to be back as an adult yet still a child. But I have enjoyed my extended visit.

Normally I would be home a little less then 2 weeks, but because I needed to get my wisdom teeth taken out (had that done on Monday) I am here until January 9th. I have enjoyed not being rushed, enjoying people, especially my family. And also being home with my best friend is a plus :)

Today is the last day of 2009. I can't believe it. It has been a crazy year...
  • I was broken before the Lord so many times, and He showed Himself faithful
  • I saw many lasting friendships
  • I learned how to love deeply and simply (1 Cor 13:4-8)
  • I discovered who I was and what my calling is
  • I had the privilege of promoting and being the assistant director of the Atlanta Acquire the Fire that happened in April
  • I endured trials that brought many many tears, and many lessons
  • I was truly transformed by God
  • I was a nanny for 2 weeks during a mission trip in Dallas, TX
  • I graduated Teen Mania's Honor Academy
  • I saw God work through me and without me in the lives of my family and closest friends
  • I went to counseling :)
  • I laughed, cried, lived and loved
  • I went on many adventures
  • I moved on
  • I g0t to be the Director of 2 Acquire the Fire events and supervise 6 interns
  • I have seen the Lord work in the hearts of those I love most

2010. My hope for 2010 is that I will know the Lord more, love people better, and continue to grow. When I think of 2010 I think of myself as a flower in the middle of a field that is covered with fresh rain-it is the beginning of spring. A time to step out in who I am, to be bold, to be free to be me.

We shall see....

~Standing on His Promises~

CaseyMay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Casey, reading over this causes me to look back through times I saw you grow...it is an amazing thing how you grew and matured in your relationship with God but also as a woman. It was confirmed in my heart when reading about your vision for this year...this year is for blossoming!