Saturday, December 19, 2009

Today's Promise--The Lord is my refuge

Psalm 91: 2-3, 9-11, 14-16

2I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!"
3For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
And from the deadly pestilence.

9For you have made the LORD, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
10No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
11For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.

14"Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.
15"He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
16"With a long life I will satisfy him
And let him see My salvation."

When I read this today, I remembered the hope I have in the Lord and His protection over me. No matter what I encounter today, temptation, trail, frustration, failure, heart break, etc the Lord is my refuge, I trust Him and He is faithful to deliver me.

Life here at home can be difficult at times, I am realizing that in about 8 months I will be back in the 'real' world, away from my safe environment of the Honor Academy. I have already seen my weaknesses magnified, and am quickly seeing the changes I need to make to be ready. And while there are still many unknowns about what I will do after my graduation of my GI year, I know that the Lord will guide my path. It is in Him that I seek refuge. This promise, I will stand on.
~standing on His Promises~

CaseyMay

No comments: