Thursday, December 17, 2009

The happenings of the last few months

Well friends, here is the update on my life in my long absence.

In August I graduated the Honor Academy and became a graduate intern (GI). My role would be a manager over the Acquire the Fire events in Atlanta and later Nashville. Many changes ensued at the end of August/beginning of September not only in my work/management but also in my personal life. In the end of September and beginning of October I worked A LOT of overtime and was very stressed out. In my own personal life I was feeling very alone.

I didn't know how to start over, again. New people, new opportunities and seemingly no one that really knew me. I began to realize how dependent I was on people and other things, I started meeting with a Christian counselor-which helped heal my heart so much, I realized my signs of dependency and would stop myself before I was dependant. But I still didn't know how to start healthy relationships, so I just didn't. I was also scared of loving deeply again, because real love hurts. I was distant in my relationship with the Lord too. When I sought Him for answers I heard no answer so I just decided to do it myself.

I have been unsuccessfully doing everything on my own strength until yesterday. I knew that coming back home for Christmas (for almost a month) would break me. And my first day home, it did. I knew that I couldn't do anything anymore, I needed God so badly. I know that my life is now in the right order and I believe that God will be doing some great things in and with my life in the coming season. And I am very excited to be back here and share them with you.

Thank you for your patience and love.
~standing on His Promises~
CaseyMay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...this glimpse into your heart was beautiful...I love you!

LionofGod90 said...

um exsucuse me i thought we learned the whole dont lean on your own strength thing before together... lol girl lord knows i have to learn this lesson again and again all the time im proud of you hope home is going well