Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Crazy times

Well dear friends, I wish I could say that March has been peaceful but the truth is, it has been so crazy.

The last week alone I have faced many challenges and changes. As you know I have been in a bind financially, added to that was my 'family core' (a group of us guys and girls that are very close and have lived through the internship together) were recently split up due to some changes in our leadership. This means that I get a new family core. I know that this might not make sense and I apologize. These guys that I am very close to, I will not see as often and our relationship will change drastically. I have new guys for a 'brother' core and new 'sisters' added to my life. I am embracing these new people and this new season. I see the good in this.

I am currently back at home on emergency leave. My parents had to make an emergency trip 5 1/2 hours away to take care of my grandpa who was found 1 1/2 hours from his home disoriented. This left them without some one to take care of Ashley, my disabled sister, so since I am the only one that can physically lift her and care for her, I was flown home last Friday. My parents are now in the process of preparing to move my grandpa and his wife closer to her family. So I am at home until April 6th. If you have ever taken care of some one's needs long-term you understand how much work it is physically and emotionally. I will be honest I don't want to be here, I have a lot of things waiting for me back at the Honor Academy, but I am embracing this opportunity to love and serve my family.

I have been learning so much this month, it seems like just when I am stretched to the max God stretches me even more. I am learning how to trust God, that is SO hard for me. I am also discovering some deep issues and working through them. My event-Atlanta Acquire the Fire-is almost sold out and is coming up 2 weeks from Friday! God is blessing me and my team for our faithfulness and it is only by Him that things are happening in Atlanta.

Thank you all for your prayers and support through this time. I love each and every one of you so much.

~standing on His Promises~
CaseyMay

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I saw your facebook status and thought I'd be able to find a further explanation here.

All in all, it sounds like there are a lot of relational changes in your life right now. I imagine that could be really hard, but it's cool to know that through it all you'll be growing.

Update us on how things go with your family and your core.

Lys said...

I'm praying for you lovely.

Dragonflysoul said...

i'm sorry to hear about what's happening, but i'm glad you could be there with and for your family.

i know that must be so hard for you though, and my heart goes out to you. it's really tough to be forced to change your plans and be where you don't really want to be in order to serve and care for someone else. it is indeed a sacrifice and it doesn't always mean it's an easy one just because they are your loved ones. i understand and i pray your strength and comfort during this time.

i hope things get brighter soon! :-D

åslaug abigail said...

I'm praying for you, dear sister. Stand strong in the Lord. He's molding and shaping you for a reason! He brings others (including me) closer to Him, through you. It is HE who saves, HE who helps, HE who loves. They need HIM, not you, HIM, not me. Thanks for reminding me.
Our LORD is ever faithful!
åslaug