Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March 02, 2009. Last night around 7:00 I made a commitment to live the rest of my life, for and with Jesus. The ring, engraved in Hebrew says "I am my Beloved's and He is mine". Let me give you some background about why this touches my soul in such a deep way.I have worn a purity ring for almost five years, a symbol of my commitment to my future husband to stay pure. I had my eyes set on that very hope, someday getting married, my fight for purity rewarded.

Upon arriving at the Honor Academy (August 2008) the Lord revealed told me to take off my ring, I asked why and didn't find out until a few weeks later. I had been living in the pursuit of a husband not the Lord, and my view of love was so messed up. So I began to pursue the Lord's heart and experienced what real love really was. I began to love the people around me so deeply. I poured so much love out, it was only the love of the Lord that changed me, and changes others. People don't need my love, they need the love of God. And my life is lived first and foremost for Him alone. Love is not eays, and love does hurt, by learning how to love, you also learn how to live with the hurt that comes with love. There has been hurt the last few months, a lot of it, but I wouldn't go back and change a thing because loving those people was so worth it.

So last night, a put a ring back on my ring finger, pledging my love and commitment to Lord. My life is lived for Him alone, and my love and devotion is His. We are united as one, and I couldn't be happier.

~standing on His Promises~
CaseyMay

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I was brought to tears when I read your post. Thank you for sharing about that. :) I totally understand what you are talking about, because I have been hurt as well. I wrote this in my blog as well, but I was born with three smaller fingers on my left hand, and I have had doubts as to whether I would ever be blessed with a future husband. However, God has shown me lately that it is not about how you look on the outside, but how you act in the inside. And God always has greater plans for His children than we may think. There will be those valleys of hurt and pain, but they are tests for us-to trust our loving Savior and keep our eyes always fixed on Him! :)

Thank you again for writing that post and I will pray for you as well, dear sister. :)

Have a great day!

In Him Alone,
Rachel M.

Dragonflysoul said...

this was beautiful casey. thank you :-) so many times do i lose sight of Who should have the center of my heart, and i begin to chase after things, people, etc.

spouses, wonderful experiences, careers, ministries, and so many other things are beautiful gifts from God - and He gives us the desires for those things. But how quickly do i forget that none of those things can fill me the way God can. and HE is to have His rightful place at the center of my heart and desires. it's so easy for me to say that, and then fall right back into my own ways...

seek ye first the Kingdom of heaven, and all these things will be added unto you. i tell myself that over and over, but it's amazing how often i drift from that truth.

Stephanie said...

That is a very good decision. I think I'll keep my purity ring on but it's my desire to also live with all my love being given to Jesus. Yeah, and definitely love others with the love that God gives.