Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My dreams coming true...(taken from my note on Facebook)

Almost 7 years ago, I believe God called me to Go. He promised to send me. I was expecting to go on a mission trip the following summer, but that never happened. Soon after, I heard our women's pastor talk about her trip to Africa, and at that moment I knew I was supposed to go to Africa. At the time, I dreaded that idea, because it seems like 'everyone' goes to Africa. As time went by, I began to let that promise fade. It wasn't until about two years ago that God reestablished that dream in my life. I am called by the God of the universe to go to Africa and to work with orphans, and to someday build a n orphanage. Once this dream was awakened within my heart, I wanted to be on the next flight to Africa, believe me, I tried to find opportunity to go to Africa, but it didn't ever get off the ground.

About a week or two ago, an opportunity came out of nowhere. I had been praying for months that I would have an opportunity to go on a mission trip in the next year. I was talking with a friend of mine, who works with Global Expeditions (mission organization with Teen Mania Ministries, where I was an intern), she is actually planning an adult trip to Ethiopia this spring, which focuses on ministering to orphans, and former prostitutes, she told me that she thought it was the perfect trip for me. I have filled out my application and been accepted to go on this trip. This is a 11 day trip, to Africa, for only $2889. The other trips they do to Africa cost about $4000.

"For whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.
How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed?
How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard?
And how will they hear without a preacher?
How will they preach unless they are sent?
Just as it is written,
"HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"
Romans 10:13-15 NASB

The above verse, was given to me about 3 years ago. Now, as you all know, my feet are not what one would typically consider beautiful due to there toe-less nature. However, the Word states, beautiful are the feet of those who bring good things! I can't tell you how life changing this verse has been, or how many times others have prayed it over my life or used it to encourage me.

I don't mean to get all emotional, but you guys, I am sitting here crying tears of joy. This is my DREAM, this is what I am MADE for. And God is faithful, He is delivering on His promise. I am confident that God is going to provide the money, though I don't know how, and I don't know when.

This note is a call to prayer, pray for me, pray for Ethiopia, pray that God would lay it on people's heart to fund this mission trip. Pray that God would break my heart for what breaks His, and that above all else, the gospel would be preached, and we would see many come into the Kingdom.

~Still standing on His Promises~
Casey 

PS If you would like to keep updated on this process, please add yourself to my facebook group Change for Change in Ethiopia and/or attend my event to save your pennies (and other change) to send me to Africa.

No comments: