Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Seasons are changing...

Many of us are probably experiencing, the seasons are changing from fall to winter.
As in the natural, I feel the season of my spiritual life changing as well.

I am not exactly sure what season I am entering into, nor do I know when I will fully enter into this new season. The season I am currently in is one of brokenness, vulnerability, and humbleness. 

So often I find myself trying to measure up to my expectations of who I should be or what I should do, and fall into legalism. Recently I have been shoving my emotions, feelings, and struggles not only under the rug, but under the floor boards, deep into the earth, through many trapped and locked doors. I often tell myself, if I can't feel it then it's all ok. However, this is not the case. By burying my emotions, struggles, and other things, I only bury myself, becoming a shell of a person. I build up walls, I lie about how I am feeling because I am afraid of being weak.

But I am working through this, by walking in grace that Christ freely offers. As to what the future holds, I am uncertain. 

Right now I am planning on going on a mission trip to Ethiopia to work with orphans, widows, and former prostitutes. This is my DREAM mission trip. I have to raise about $3000 by March/April, the trip is mid May. If you could be praying for me as I get ready for this adventure, I would appreciate it. IF you have questions, please feel free to ask.

~Set Apart~
CaseyMay

1 comment:

Mary-Keith Hallett said...

you inspire me Casey. you make me want to be a better person. i love you so much