Monday, September 8, 2008

The HA Rollercoaster

So, here at the HA we are preparing for our first LTE (life transforming event) called ESOAL (emotionally stretching opportunity of a lifetime). This is why I have been getting up at 4:30 AM Monday through Friday to go train for ESOAL. We are learning that emotions shouldn't and don't control you. This is what ESOAL is all about you can check out the link below to see the video and I promise it looks worse than it is (I have talked to past ESOAL participants about this)

http://www.honoracademy.com/esoal.php

In light of my previous blog, I am learning that emotions don't dictate my decisions. I am fighting my feelings of homesickness as much as I would LOVE to go back home, I know that I MUST stay here for now. And as much as I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for my SamanthaMarie to come down and save me, I can't let her because God, for some reason, wants me to work through this, and one of my biggest issues is that I don't like being alone. So He is continuing to refine me and help me work through things.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and encouragement. Please keep me in your prayers ESPECIALLY during ESOAL Spet 18-22nd (we don't know when it officially ends, and I could ring out before it ends, but let's hope not!)

Love you all!
~standing on His Promise~
CaseyMay

6 comments:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Oh, my sweet Casey: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I know this is not an easy time and that you are so willing to rest in God's love says so much about your sweet spirit...I am happy to say I know you and count you as my friend!!! Can I be like you when I grow up???

Sorry about Ike...I promise, it doesn't happen all that often, at least not until you get here!!!

Once again, stay as dry as possible and as I'm sure you've already learned, that red clay doesn't come out in the wash like regular dirt! So, no playing in the mud, unless you can ruin the clothes!!!

Love you!

SamanthaMarie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY!!! (:

I LOVE YOUR FACE OFF!!!! :D

Stepheny said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Happy Birthday to CaseyMayyyy, Happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!


Have a good one!

Steph

Dragonflysoul said...

Happy Birthday!!
Feliz Cumpleaños!
Alles Gute Zum Geburstag!!
Feliz Aniversario!

may this be a most blessed year for you. 20 is such a great number :-) enjoy my dear!

åslaug abigail said...

Happy birthday, a little too late.. =) But anyway, You're 20 years and 4 days today, and that's after all older than you've ever been. You're also younger than you'll ever be again =)

I enjoy your blog, hopefully, when I have more time (i.e. when dawn arrives and it's okay not to feel guilty for stealing sleep, and then, the next morning disipline to get up and spend time with God) I hope I'll get to enjoy it more.

I am so thrilled to hear you're at the HA, I applied there this spring, but I withdrew the application, simply because God had bigger plans for me here in Ireland. I will pray for you (putting your name on my list as I write), especially during the 18.-22. Sept. I believe you will have a great time (not during, but after, because the good after would never excist if the bad during didn't also excist). God will be there. May He bless you!

Your sister in Christ,
åslaug

retrobellewife said...

Oh, Casey, I hope everything turns out great. You are far too strong to not make it through this, I know it. I am glad that you are continuing to push through this as hard it is. It is a wonderful feeling to know that God is continuing to push us while still holding us tightly along the way.