Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dreaming Big

When you were a child, did you ever dream?
Did you dream of doing big, impossible things?
Or of things that were within your grasp, within reality?
Did any of those dreams become reality?

So often, we get stuck in routine, in the day to day life.
If I were to ask you, "What is your dream for you life?"
or
"What is your biggest dream?"
"What is the deepest desire of your heart?"

This has been a discussion point lately for me, and my best friend Samantha lately.
We in some capacity have lost the desire to dream.
But God has been stirring something deep with in our hearts the last few weeks.

He is awaking our hearts. 
We are coming before the Lord as open vessels,
willing to be faithful and obedient to what He asks.
We have a dream to go on a mission trip together.
To India.
Or where ever God would have us.

We want to dream big for God's glory.
We want to quit limiting God by putting Him in a box.
By putting our dreams in a box.

The Lord seeks a willing heart, you may not be "the best" "the greatest" "the most able" but you are the most willing, God can and does work miracles in that.

~Set Apart for Him~
CaseyMay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! It was refreshing to hear!

Anonymous said...

My dreams have changed over time. And thank Jesus, because I'd still be wishing to be a pop singer. Now my greatest dream is that out of our recent 'circumstances', that I'll be the best example of a Christian woman, mom and grandmother that I can be.