Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Not about me

The last four months, while attending the Honor Academy, have taught me a lot about how the world works. The truth is, life, believe it or not, is not about me.

The homeless man on the street, my family, my friends, the girl working the corner, the waitress, the CEO, the unreached people, the high schooler, the world...they don't need me. I am not going to meet their need. They need love. That is something that only God truly can give. My love, (or version of it) will not save or protect people. God's love, perfect and true, is what they need. I can be a vessel for God's love, but to do that I must be emptied of myself. I must die to myself, and live for God, loving Him and loving others.

I have learned so much these last four months, and I will learn so much more in the coming eight months or so.

I spoke to my old youth pastor and he pointed something out about me that had changed. He told me that when he sees me, he can tell my spirit is so free. And I thought about it, and he is right. Before I left for the Honor Academy, I was so weighed down by lies and by the limitations I had set on myself. However, now I am free, I love to love, and I am who God created me to be.

I wish I could tell you all of the lessons I have learned, but that would be a book, not a blog. ;)

Remember that only God is the one who can define you. I would encourage you to read the book "Special" by Max Lucado (I believe that's the correct title). Find out who God says you are, stick to it, and don't believe the lies any longer. Be set free. And above all else stand on His promises, He never breaks them.

~standing on His Promises~
CaseyMay

1 comment:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

I can't wait until you can come spend a wknd with us...YOU ROCK girl!!!

Lovin' to watch the growin'...even from a distance!

Pamela