Thursday, December 18, 2008

Home? Lewiston or Garden Valley? Homeless??

Home. I think that's where I am...I am in my old place of residence, with my family. Back in the same small river town, with people that love me so very much. But this doesn't feel like home anymore. The people do, I think that's the only reason I come back.

The Honor Academy. Home? Temporarily. Again, its the people that keep me there. My family core, my good friends, my team. That's why it's home.

But niether of these "homes" are really mine. My home is somewhere, I'm not sure where though.

Over the past four months I have learned so much. I am a changed woman, and yes I am a woman now, no longer a girl, but a woman. I am striving to be a Godly woman, a woman of honor and love.

Being back home in the valley, has shown me a lot and it's with a heavy heart that I have come to realize that I will not be moving back here after the Honor Academy. My heart is heavy because the people I love and have lived life with are here. There was a point in life when I said I would never leave, and shortly after I said that I left. And now I am not coming back, to live.

God's plans for me are bigger than this valley, He has called me elsewhere. I am praying for the right time to tell my parents, it probably won't be until the spring or summer when it's closer to graduation.

8 months. That's all I have left. But those 8 months are going to grow me so much. Mountian Climbing, Unreached People Group, Celebreations, Atlanta ATF, Missions Trip, and so much more.

I am changed. And the voice of the Shepherd leads me, to no other voice will I run.

~standing on His Promise~
Casey May

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am so homeless, it's not even funny. I don't feel like I'm home and I've never really even left. It's a tough one. I don't think our home is of this world.