Thursday, May 13, 2010

Waiting, lots of waiting

Another season of waiting. I can't seem to escape those.

I am seeing God start to give me some of the deepest desires of my heart. I have been praying for a godly group of women to live with, and the Lord is preparing the hearts my best friend and her roommate, uniting their hearts with mine, having the same passion for the Lord. It's wonderful. Yet we all are waiting for August to arrive, to bring us back together.

I am waiting. On many things. One thing that I have been waiting on for years, some days I feel like it could happen tomorrow, other days I feel like I may have to wait another 10 years. I know that somewhere out there is my husband, and I am waiting for him, or more accurately waiting for God.

"Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord
Trust also in Him and He will do it."
-Psalm 37:4-5

Tonight is one of those nights when I have many questions without answers. I am wondering, "Is he thinking of me? Does he even know me? Is he waiting for me like I am waiting for him? How much longer will I wait? Why does this desire keep growing?" Many times I have asked the Lord to take this desire from me, but He does not. So I will bear this burden, tonight it weighs heavily upon my heart. And yet, I will wait, yes I will wait on the Lord.

"He is here. He is here.
Be still my soul, be still.
Be still my soul, be still.
Wait patiently upon the Lord.
Be still my soul, be still"
-Kari Jobe 'Be still'

The Lord can and will hold my heart, He is my all in all, He satisfies even the deepest longings of my heart.
~Standing on His Promises~
CaseyMay

2 comments:

Lady in Waiting said...

Ahhh Casey!! You may as well have hopped in my brain...even though I realize this is from yours!

The thoughts, the feelings, the desires, so very very similar! Every part of it! I even have that song going through my head, it's been there all day since last night!

So I guess I know first-hand how to pray for you...which is good because it reminds me that I am not alone! :) I love you much, even though time is not our friend! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Beautiful!