Sunday, July 5, 2009

I lose

So today is a day that I think I can't win. It seems as though in my relationship with my family that things just get worse, today is one of those days. I know that they, just like me, are trying to figure out how this family relationship works with me being so far away and having "my own life." They can speak out of hurt feelings, which end up also hurting me, but I choose to love them even when it is hard, I am in no way saying or carrying myself as to believe that I am better than them. But I am being honest when I say that love isn't easy sometimes.

Sigh. I am trying to do the best I can with what I have been given. I am in Texas, 1,973 miles away from them, and due to my busy schedule and financial situation I can't go home very often. I know that they miss me a lot and that without me being there it makes things a little more difficult for them. I am doing my best to see past their words/attitudes/actions that may not seem loving and look to their hearts and see that they are hurt because they love me so much.

This is hard. Walking in God's will is not easy, especially when those you love the most disagree with you. But Christ being crucified was not easy either. The cross that we are called to carry gets heavy and causes hurt, but we do not carry it alone, it is by God's strength that we take every step and He is the healer of the broken and says that in our brokenness He is made complete.

Please pray for my family and me. Pray that we both discern God's will for me and that we are faithful to walk out in it, despite what our own will is.

~standing on His Promises~
Casey May

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very true that you do not walk it alone.

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Oh, Casey. My heart breaks for your hurt! We need to find a weekend when you can be with family...okay!!!
Father, righteous God, you know the hearts of all intertwined in love for Casey, please touch and heal the hurt places. Lift them up to know you in an even deeper way during this transition in life.
Thank you for Casey's precious heart and life!!!

I love you!!!

Elizabeth J. said...

God will be your portion.

Anonymous said...

Casey, I see that you wrote this post a long while ago. Am wondering how you are doing now? Things any easier?