Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Superwoman



SO, I have discovered that I, in fact, am not superwoman. Imagine my shock when I discovered this.

I can not save the world, my freinds, my family, anyone, not even myself. I do not have the answers to people's problems, I am not what they need. I can love them and listen to them all that I want, but they will never be truly filled until they seek Jesus. He is the only one that can make things better. Me carrying my burdens along with the burdens of others, it is not healthy and its a sin because I am not trusting God. I had to learn this the hard way.

Last week I was so stressed out that I caused myself to be physically ill-I think I even had the begining of a stomach ulcer. I paid for being overly stressed and independant. I won't do that I again. I am laying my burdens down at the cross, those that I am not meant to carry.

This morning I had the best quiet time I have had in months, I simply read the Word and journaled and then laid on the floor and rested (not slept) in the presence of God. It was amazing. And even now that I have 30 million things to do, I am still at peace because I am trusting God to help me and I am taking things one step at a time. (and prioritizing things helps too).

I hope all is well, remember that you do not save anyone, rather God does. People don't need you, they need Jesus. You are not, and will never be superwoman, so quit trying and

"be still and know that I am God"
~standing on His Promises~
CaseyMay

2 comments:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Amazing Grace!!!

Stephanie said...

I was shocked after reading your opening line.

Seriously though, I'm kinda learning the same thing.